Your doctor may prescribe medication as part of your health care. It is important that you follow your doctor’s instructions and take the medication as your doctor has prescribed it.
View or print a PDF of the HCIC Medication Prior Authorization Criteria.
You must have your prescription filled by a HCIC participating pharmacy. Search the HCIC Provider Directory to find a participating pharmacy in your area.
HCIC provides a closed drug Formulary (medicine) benefit for its members. This means that if the drug is not in the HCIC Formulary, HCIC must first approve the prescription drug before you can purchase it at the pharmacy.
Here is how you can view or search the Formulary:
- View or print a PDF of the HCIC Comprehensive Drug Formulary .
- View or print a PDF of the 2016 HCIC Formulary Updates.
- To request a printed copy of the Formulary, HCIC’s customer service phone number is 1-800-640-2123. TTY/TDD users can call 711.
If you have questions about your filling your prescription, call our Pharmacy Help Desk at 1-877-923-1400, Option #2 or 928-774-7128, Option #2.
HCIC covers both brand name and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active ingredient formula as a brand name drug, but generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs. Generic drugs are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
- Prior Authorization: Health Choice Integrated Care may require prior authorization for certain drugs. You will need to get approval from HCIC for drugs noted with a “PA” in the drug list or for any drugs not listed in the formulary. If you do not get approval, Health Choice Integrated Care may not cover the cost of the drug.
- Quantity Limits: For certain drugs, Health Choice Integrated Care may limit the amount of the drug that our plan will cover.
- Step Therapy: In some cases, Health Choice Integrated Care requires a member to try certain drugs to treat a medical condition before covering another drug for that condition. For example, if Drug A and Drug B both treat the medical condition, Health Choice Integrated Care may not cover drug B unless you try Drug A first. If Drug A does not work for you, Health Choice Integrated will then cover Drug B.
You can ask HCIC to make an exception to these restrictions or limits. For more information about prescription drug restrictions or limits, call HCIC’s customer service phone number at 1-800-640-2123. TTY/TDD users can call 711. You can also call our Pharmacy Help Desk at 1-877-923-1400, Option #2 or 928-774-7128, Option #2.