In some cases, integrated healthcare puts your doctors and nurses on the same team as your psychiatrists, therapists, caseworkers, and pharmacists. Your entire care team will work together on a treatment plan that addresses all of your health needs. In other cases, your mental healthcare provider and your medical doctor might provide your services separately but coordinate those services by communicating on a regular basis about your treatment goals, your medications, and your care.
A RBHA manages a network of local providers. These providers include doctors, counselors, peer support specialists, housing, and employment specialists, and case managers. RBHAs and providers work as a team to create programs for:
- Adults with substance abuse and general mental health disorders
- Adults who live with serious mental illness
- Children with serious emotional disturbances
The Department of Health, Division of Behavioral Health Services has a helpful document that tells you who can become a member and how to do so. That document also has many helpful resources and phone numbers for people who can answer your questions if you need more information.
The website address for the document is:
If you do not have access to the Internet, call Health Choice Integrated Care member services at 1-800-640-2123, and we will help you.
Health Choice Integrated Care has created three programs to help meet the needs of our members. Each program is based on our integrated healthcare approach. These programs include: Recover Wellness Premier Integrated Care, Coordinated Behavioral Health Care, and Health Choice Generations. Read below to learn which of these programs provides the right care for you and what changes you may notice.
Coordinated Behavioral Health Care Program
For members who receive services for general mental health and/or substance use disorders:
- Your primary care and behavioral healthcare plans remain separate.
- You will receive behavioral health coverage through Health Choice Integrated Care and physical health coverage from your current AHCCCS health plan.
- We will improve how your behavioral healthcare provider coordinates your care with your medical doctors.
Health Choice Generations Program
Health Choice Integrated Care also provides an option for members who receive BOTH Medicaid and Medicare Part A & B, and Part D. This is called Dual-eligibility. This option helps members by:
- Combining your Medicaid and Medicare coverage under a single plan;
- Answering your questions about your Medicare and Medicaid coverage in the same phone call;
For more information regarding Health Choice Generations call 800-656-8991 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Recover Wellness Premier Integrated Care program
Health Choice Integrated Care created the Recover Wellness Premium Integrated Care program for members who experience for the most significant behavioral health needs. Members in this plan have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness and one or more chronic illnesses such as diabetes or heart disease. They must qualify for AHCCCS benefits. Benefits of this program include:
- You will be enrolled automatically.
- Your behavioral and physical healthcare services will be combined under this single plan.
- You will receive a new Health Choice Integrated Care member identification card. You will receive your new card in the mail before October 1, 2015. Please contact us if you do not receive a new ID card. We will send you a replacement ID card as quickly as possible.
- You can choose to receive services in one of our Integrated Health Homes. This means you will receive your behavioral and physical healthcare together in the same location.
- You may choose to receive your physical healthcare services from a doctor outside an Integrated Health Home. The doctor you choose will still need to be part of Health Choice Integrated Care’s network. We will still integrate your behavioral health care with the care you receive from your medical doctor.
- If your medical doctor is not a member of Health Choice Integrated Care’s network, we will cover your doctor’s services until at least September 30, 2016. During this time, we will work with your doctor to join our network.
Please see Health Choice Integrated Care’s Recover Wellness FAQ for more details on this plan.
We are working with the Arizona Peer and Family Coalition to find peer and family representatives to take part in many of our committees. We are also looking for input to help in the RBHA transition efforts. Examples of our committees include the Recovery Action, Culture and Diversity, Integrated Clinical Care and Quality Management.
To get involved now, please contact the Arizona Peer and Family Coalition at ArizonaPeerandFamilyCoalition@gmail.com. You also may contact the Community Engagement Committee at Community.Transition@azdhs.gov. If you have questions about these committees, you may also contact us at 1-928-774-7128 or toll free at 1-877-923-1400.
Additional options for medical healthcare coverage can be found through AHCCCS at www.healthearizonaplus.gov and the federal marketplace website at www.healthcare.gov. If you have questions, you may also contact our Customer Service department for help at 1-928-774-7128 or toll free at 1-877-923-1400.
Over the coming months, Health Choice Integrated Care will notify current members in writing about changes that will take place starting October 1, 2015. During that time, we will conduct events and meetings in your community. We also will be working with community organizations and the media. This includes work with many of the medical providers in your community.
We recommend you keep all of the information you receive in the same place, such as in a file folder or envelope. You can also contact any of the providers in NARBHA’s current network.
If you are enrolled in our Recover Wellness program, your transition to Health Choice Integrated Care should be smooth and easy. We will use Health Choice Arizona’s large network of providers in these counties. This means you can keep seeing the providers you are used to.
If your medical doctor is not currently in Health Choice Integrated Care’s network, you may choose to switch doctors as of October 1, 2015. You may also choose to stay with your current medical doctor at least until September 30, 2016. If you choose to stay with your current provider, we will cover those services. During this time, we will work with your doctor to join our network.